Equal Opportunity Fellowship for pursuing a Master’s Degree at FAU
The Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) 1411 – “Design of particulate products” invites applications for an Equal Opportunity Fellowship. Eligible are international female applicants to one of the involved study programs at the Friedrich-Alexander-University Erlangen-Nürnberg, that have been admitted for start in Winter Semester 2021/22.
Candidates for the following master programmes can apply for the fellowship:
- Advanced Materials and Processes (https://www.map.tf.fau.de/)
- Chemical and Biological Engineering (https://www.cbi.studium.fau.de/studieninteressierte/masterstudium/)
- Chemical Engineering – Nachhaltige Chemische Technologien (https://www.cen.studium.fau.de/studieninteressierte/masterstudium/)
- Materials Science (https://www.mat.studium.fau.de/)
- Nanotechnology (https://www.ww.tf.fau.de/startseite/studium/nanotechnologie-2/)
- Physics (https://www.physik.nat.fau.de/studium/studiengaenge-physik-b-sc-und-physics-m-sc/)
- Physics Advanced (https://www.physics-advanced.de/)
The fellowship explicitly aims to support excellent female students with an interest in the research topics of the CRC. Holders will be able to establish close contacts with the involved projects and researchers of the CRC and to get to know the scientific topics in detail. Subject to suitability of the fellowship holder and if both parties are in agreement, the CRC will recruit the holder on completion of the Master’s programme into the doctoral programme of the CRC.
The following support is offered by the fellowship:
- Financial support: 900 Euro/month over 12 months, starting with the start of the winter semester 2020/21.
- A student assistant position will be offered as a continuation of the financial support in the second year, upon successful completion of the academic requirement of the first academic year.
- The fellowship holder will also receive for the entire duration of the Master’s programme (4 semesters):
- Student associate membership in the Integrated Research Training School of the CRC and, with this, full access to all training offers and funding measures provided by the programme
- Admission to all training offers and support measures provided by the equal opportunity programme
- Scientific mentoring by a professor involved in the CRC1411
- Priority offers of mini-projects or master thesis topics relating to the research fields of CRC
- Participation in all (semi-annual) CRC status meetings including board and lodging
- Prospects for a doctoral position within the Collaborative Research Centre, subject to motivation and scientific performance
The fellowship holder is expected to:
- Participate in the CRC status meetings and programme offers of the Research Training Group
- Conduct at least one practical project (miniprojects or master thesis) in a research group involved in the CRC
- Contribute to PR measures (reports / articles for websites, participation in information events)
- Eligible are excellent female applicants for a Master’s degree in a degree program at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg with relevance to the CRC, with a start in WS2021/22.
- A selection interview for the fellowship will take place after screening of candidates.
- Based on the interview process, the CRC 1411 Executive Board will select the fellowship holder
- The following criteria are used to select the fellowship holder:
- Scientific excellence (as demonstrated by academic grades in the respective Bachelor’s programme)
- Additional relevant qualifications and activities (conference attendance, additional studies, publications)
- CRC 1411-specific expertise and motivation (theoretical or practical knowledge in particle synthesis, chromatography, characterisation of nanomaterials or relevant simulation methods)
- Required financial support to be able to participate in the degree program at FAU
The successful applicant will be issued with a letter of confirmation for presentation at the German embassy / consulate during the visa application process (if required). This letter will be made available to the applicant electronically. If necessary, the CRC administration can send this letter directly to the relevant embassy / consulate, quoting the visa processing number of the fellowship holder.
How to apply?
Your application should contain a CV, all relevant certificates, a confirmation of enrollment in one of the master programs mentioned above, and a motivation letter describing your interest in the scientific environment of the CRC and your relevant expertise.
Please submit your application as one pdf file, labelled with your first and last name and a file size not exceeding 15MB using the header: “Application for CRC1452 Fellowship” to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 15.06.2021