We are looking for motivated and enthusiastic doctoral researchers (f/m/d) to join our team!
CRC 1411 is an initiative funded since 2020 by DFG focused on predictive model based design and practical process realisation of particulate products. These range from single nanoparticles with controlled shape and composition, through hierarchically organised assemblies of particles, up to particle packings with optimised optical properties. Such particles are produced by continuous syntheses directly coupled to classification by chromatography. The research is carried out at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg and involves the Departments of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Physics. One project is located at the NanoEnergieTechnikZentrum of the University of Duisburg-Essen.
Detailed information on the idea of CRC1411, scientific progress in the first funding period, and the scope of all projects are available at:
CRC 1411 offers appealing benefits to doctoral researchers, including wide access to equipment, collaborations, dual mentoring, soft skills, support for conference contributions, the possibility for research stays abroad, summer/winter schools etc. These measures are provided by the integrated Research Training Group.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Materials Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or a closely related field with competitive grades.
- Experience relating to at least one CRC project, for example particle synthesis, self-assembly, porous materials, chromatography, and simulations, modelling or optimization of such systems.
- Able to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- High level of independence and diligence.
- Able to present ideas and results to a broad audience.
- Proficient in the English language; proficiency in the German language is beneficial though not essential.
Your online application should include:
- Letter of motivation including justification of your suitability for the CRC 1411 project(s) (maximum 3) which are most attractive to you (max. 4000 characters)
- CV listing: educational and vocational history, key skills and academic achievements, publications and oral presentations (max. 2 page)
- Copy of your Master degree certificate (if not yet available, please send Bachelor certificate instead) along with full academic transcripts
- Two academic letters of recommendation
Click the button below to go to the online application form. Please submit your application material (in English or German) by 31 January 2024.Apply Now!
FAU is a member of “The Family in Higher Education Institutions” best practice club and aims to increase the number of women in scientific positions. Female candidates are therefore particularly encouraged to apply.
Contact Prof. Robin Klupp Taylor (robin.klupp.taylor (at) fau.de) for any general questions. Project-related questions should be directed to the respective principal investigator.
Severely disabled persons in the sense of the Disabled Persons Act will be given preferential consideration over other candidates of equal professional qualification and personal suitability if the advertised position is suitable for severely disabled persons.
If desired by the applicant (m/f/d), the Equal Opportunities Officer can be involved in the job interview without any disadvantage to the applicant (m/f/d).
Privacy statement regarding the recording and use of personal data which you provide during the application procedure.